Forges of Karak Azgal
World's Edge Mountains
The greatest mountain range found throughout the Old World, the spine of which stretches from the northern reaches of the Old World to the very end of the Southlands. These mountains form insurmountable barriers between the Old World and the Dark Lands to the east, and the tallest peaks reach nearly fifty thousand feet above the plains; the mountains are traversable in only a few places: (from north to south)
- High Pass: Kislev – Dark Lands
- Peak Pass: The Empire – Dark Lands, within the sphere of Karak Kadrin ‘Slayer Keep’
- Black Fire Pass: Empire – Border Princes, where the World’s Edge Mountains and the Black Mountains separate.
- Mad Dog Pass: Border Princes – Dark Lands
- Death Pass: Badlands – Dark Lands, falling under the ominous shadow of the orc fortress of Black Crag.
The mountain range was once the domain of the Dwarven Empire Karaz Ankor, and during this time many fortress cities were built into the rock. Throughout the mountain range there still remain many underground passages running between these dwarfholds, and just as many that collapsed during the geologic catastrophe over four thousand years ago.